Monday, April 18, 2005

Emerald green like none that I've seen.

Great weekend. And now, back in the office on yet another beautiful day. Having to work yesterday was painful. So hard to be inside when we’re finally getting some nice weather. Ran a great race yesterday morning before heading to work, though—one of my fastest 4-milers ever. I continue to be amazed at the quality of my runs, given the extended period of sloth that took place from about December-April. Maybe my body needed that break to get stronger or something. I don’t know.

Felt kind of crappy Friday night, had to work late, went home, relaxed, and then out with J for a drink before calling it a night. She crashed at my place since she was working on a film uptown, so that was fun. Headed into Brooklyn Saturday am for breakfast at Tom’s with D&N, which was great, and segued into a terrific day beginning with the Basquiat exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum followed by lounging on the grass in the sun at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden (free admission to everything courtesy of their corporate ID cards) amidst the blooming cherry blossoms, lush greenery, and gorgeous weather. Traded several phone calls with so-and-so, who happened to be around the corner in Park Slope, though we couldn’t get our respective acts together with our friends and just kept missing each other.

Regretfully I had errands I needed to run before the evening (knowing I had a day of work ahead of me on Sunday), and thus as the afternoon wore on I was forced to separate myself from all the fun and relaxation and head home. So I did, and later met up with so-and-so and a few of his friends for a very fun dinner and a bit of bar-hopping, before heading back to my place together. Looking back, I was definitely drunker than I thought I was at the time, since a few spots are more than a little hazy! Morning came fast and I woke up still feeling a bit drunk and more than a little shaky. Always a good way to run a race. But as noted, I actually did well despite the fact that I think I was sweating beer.

So work was good, and then it was out for drinks with coworkers, home to get changed and clean up a little (my place is pretty filthy since I tend to only blow in there to sleep once in a while), and then back out with J for food and drink. I know I keep saying it, but it’s so great having her here. Who else can I do so many spur-of-the-moment, casual, and fun things with. It’ll be sad when she decides to finally move on again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home