Thursday, April 14, 2005

Vamos a jugar por la playa.

What to say, what to say. My life is so damn boring right now, it’s like there’s just nothing to write about. I mean, this thing with so-and-so is great, and I’m having a lot of fun with it. He spent the night at my place the other night, I spent the night at his place last night. Fun. I love kissing him. I love sleeping with him. Haven’t felt this way in so damn long that it’s like a revelation. Blah blah blah.

But how often can I write about that? And honestly, I’m trying to think about it less than I am. Gotta get out and do stuff that’s meaningful and fulfilling and completely unrelated. Don’t want to be putting all of my eggs into this one basket, so to speak. So once this final hellish weekend of work is over and behind me, the plan is to start focusing more on myself and my life and what I want to do with it now that I have some time to fill. Time that won’t be filled with the things that so many other people in my life are filling theirs with. Spouses. Kids. Maintenance of house and yard. Cars. The accumulation of wealth and the accumulation of things. Saving for a rainy day and planning for the future. Providing for others beside themselves.

Nope. Won’t be doing any of that.

So what will I be doing? All I can come up with at the moment is running. Funny. Everyone I know seems to be working so hard to stay still, and here I am always working to keep moving moving moving.

My runs have been feeling great lately. Guess I’m just thrilled to be out in the fresh air again. I feel stronger and healthier than ever, which is astonishing considering what I’ve done to my body over the past few months. Just goes to show how much of it is mental. K&J have started a running regimen, which is exciting. I hope we can all go for runs together at some point. I really should look into volunteering for the Achilles Track Club. Such a great organization, and one for which I could put my very limited skills to work. I mean, I’m a decent runner, and it could be a good way to use that skill to benefit someone other than myself.

Just gotta get out there and do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home