Thursday, March 24, 2005

Did I say that I want to leave it all behind?

Who knew a game of Scrabble could be so hot?

Ok, maybe “hot” isn’t exactly the right word, but I guess I had just forgotten how much fun it is to do even the most mundane things when you’re doing them with someone you’re attracted to. And flirting while you do them. And touching. And kissing. Yeah.

Is the fact that I stayed with someone for whom I was no longer feeling that type of attraction a sign of weakness? Or even a type of betrayal? Perhaps. But I also can’t forget about all of the other factors that kept us together, not the least of which were history and comfort. And those things certainly count for something. And there were so many good times, which I’ll always have and which helped shape who I am today. I’m thankful for that, and can’t feel any disappointment, resentment, or anger as a result.

And now, let the good times roll.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home