Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Morphine and chocolate are my substitutes.

I am vanilla. With a constant hunger for chocolate. And chilis.

This is a relatively recent development in my life: this ability to recognize and revel in my inherent vanilla-ness. It’s a bland pill to swallow, since I just naturally tend to shun all things vanilla and opt instead for chocolate and spice. The deeper and darker the flavor, the better. The hotter the heat, the more lasting the burn.

I guess I just needed to accept the fact that these choices do not, at least in my case, indicate an inherent spiciness. Rather, they are made in spite of my true vanilla nature. Or perhaps in an effort to enhance it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lostinspace said...

when i was a kid, i was a chocolate freak. and then somewhere around age 20, i hit the vanilla vibe. and now i can't go back - except during that one time a month where every woman is cursed.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

Good to now what you like!

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Substitute my gloom with happiness
substitute my sickness with health
substitute my enemies with real good friends
I'm a substitute

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home