Friday, May 13, 2005

Tell me I’m beautiful, I promise I’ll believe you this time.

I’m so in love with myself right now. Seriously, if there’s a mirror around, rest assured that I’m sneakin’ a glance out of the corner of my eye. Or if not a mirror, well then, car windows, storefronts, puddles, you name it. They all work in a pinch, and serve the all-important purpose of reminding me just how awesome I really am.

I don’t see this as conceited, narcissistic, or self-absorbed. I’m hot, and since I have no one to extol my virtues on a regular basis, well then I will personally bear the responsibility of reminding myself just how fucking great I am. As heavy a weight as it can be sometimes, I will shoulder the load, ‘cuz that’s just the kind of steadfast determination I possess.

Of course, in times when I've had people regularly telling me these things, I never really believed them. And then I think they stopped believing them, too.

Some crosses are just meant to be borne alone, I guess.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lostinspace said...

hey. fabulous post. of course you are beautiful! believe it and savor it.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

Yes! Me too.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home