Monday, April 11, 2005

We like to spy on the neighbors; they look so happy together.

Another exhausting, yet satisfying, weekend. I pretty much hate having to work Friday-Sunday, but the time I spent with so-and-so on Sunday night helped make up for it. Plus it was a weekend of spectacular weather, which is always a pleasure when having to be up in the Hudson Valley. On Friday afternoon I (shockingly) found myself with about an hour to do as I pleased (never happens), so I went outside, sat in the sun, stared at the mountains, and had a lovely conversation with A/KY. And at that moment, I felt that it just couldn’t get any better than that. Good for the soul. Followed by a fun dinner with K over Mexican and margaritas. All in all, can’t really complain about a work day like that! Definitely better than being in the office.

So Saturday was more of the same, followed by exhaustion/work on Sunday (but an amazing run in the park in the morning beforehand), and then it was out with so-and-so for more margaritas, great conversation, wandering around, etc. I still can’t get over the connection we seem to have. So crazy. It always seems to happen when you’re least expecting it (and least prepared for it).

The spring weather makes me feel stir crazy, like I should be getting out and doing more than I am. Still struggling to figure out what, exactly, I want to be out doing though. So-and-so has a much different network of friends than I do, and in some ways it makes me wish mine was more like his (though in some ways not). My friends are all so old and married (though they’re not old, and most aren’t actually married) and I just haven’t moved with them into that stage of life. I wish I still had a core group that I could call up and go out with at a moment’s notice (even, god forbid, on a Sunday night), but alas, with the exception of J, I just don’t. And I’m trying not to get too attached to having her here, since in all likelihood that won’t last far into the future. (I’m suitably surprised that it’s lasted as long as it has, as I can’t remember the last time she spent a full year anywhere...)

Speaking of which, although what I really should do after work today is go home, go for a run, clean up a little, and hit the hay early, I am instead going to go meet J for a drink. And we’ll see where that goes...

1 Comments:

Blogger Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

Life has gone positive on you unexpectedly since your introspective gloom a month or two ago.

Me too, somewhat. I like the spring air and give it lots of credit.

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home