Friday, November 11, 2005

Religion is a smile on a dog.

Getting into the elevator in my office building the other day, a woman followed me in with a big, exuberant dog on a leash. As soon as they got in the elevator and the dog saw me it totally freaked, wagging its tail, straining against its leash, and just begging for my attention with every last ounce of its being.

Being a dog person through and through, I obliged and reached over to pet the guy, which, if possible, made him even more excited.

His owner, though struggling to keep him under control, seemed amused and said, “You look just like my son. That’s why he’s so excited.”

“Oh, cute,” I responded with a smile, still petting the frantic pooch, who continued to shower me with his winsome canine affection.

As I did so, the woman dug in her pocket and pulled out an invitation, handing it to me and saying, “Here’s a little event we’re doing tonight. You should come. My son will be there."

Um, ok.

“Yeah, see, I would, um, except I think your dog’s head might explode.”

7 Comments:

Blogger Lostinspace said...

it just means that you must be so incredibly friendly...dogs sense these things...

6:01 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Um, you should come my son will be there? lol who cares? that's kinda silly, let's invite this stranger because he looks like my son. So did ya go? hehe

8:23 AM  
Blogger raven said...

so wait.... was the woman trying to hook you up with her son and you already passed the dog test? you better have gone!!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Helen the Felon said...

I betcha a million dollars she was either a Jehovah's Witness or selling Amway. But I'm jaded like that.

2:45 PM  
Blogger XX said...

I was under the impression that dogs identified each other (and people) through smell.
I wonder whether you smell like her son too.

PS--my word verification letters were "mgiay"! Awesome, an anagram of "I'm gay"! 'Cause I totally am!

7:22 PM  
Blogger ~Manda said...

lol to dagon's comment! ;)
so you didn't go to the event did you? lol that sounds a little weird to me.. but i don't live in NYC eitehr! hee hee
A~

10:08 AM  
Blogger P/O said...

hey all. ok, to answer the questions that beg to be answered: nope didn't go to the event. and i'm really not sure what was intended by the son comment. guess i'll never know...

and helen, i never even considered the evangelical angle! you may be on to something.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home