Thursday, November 03, 2005

I guess it's got to feel like some exodus.

Late last night, I started to watch Angels in America. (Thanks Netflix!) I knew I wouldn’t be able to make a dent in the emotional six-hour epic, but figured what the hell, I’ll settle in and take in however much I can until I drift off, visions of lesions and AZT dancing in my head. Brilliant.

Yeah, well, I only got ten or fifteen minutes into it when suddenly I was struck with the urgent and irrepressible need to get up and make ice. I tried to ignore it, but the more energy I devoted to that, the more urgent the need became, until I realized I wasn’t even paying attention to what I was watching. I mean, those ice cubes weren't going to make themselves!

(I don’t really even use ice, except in alcohol, which I seldom drink at home.)

And suddenly, I felt crazier than the character played by Mary Louise Parker.

Damn, I do love me some Mary Louise Parker...

4 Comments:

Blogger raven said...

Ok, outside of your fucked obsession with ice cubes (not judging it happens to me too)... I do love me some MLP too. And my wife really doesn't love her all that much, which makes it so much more fun.
Seen Weeds on Showtime at all?

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary Louise Parker is an astonishingly good actress. Watch her in anything, and you're totally riveted. She really is that actress who could read the phone book and have an audience sitting in rapt attention. She and Elizabeth Perkins are the best things about Weeds, and that's saying a lot, as Weeds is a damn good show.

Weeds also features Justin Kirk, who played Prior Walter in Angels in America. Synergy.

11:57 PM  
Blogger ~Manda said...

I loved angels in america! i thought it was Awesome! and both the main person in that show and MLP are in Weeds on showtime and if you haven't seen that show - it's a MUST SEE! i love it.. i wish the first season wasn't so damn short though, i ddin't feel like it was on long enough! lol owell till next season! "..all made of ticky tacky and their all just the same.." hee hee
im hooked on WEEDS
A~

9:18 AM  
Blogger P/O said...

hey guys and gals. nope, don't have showtime, and have never heard of weeds. so if anyone want to send me tapes or dvds, be my guest. :)

i couldn't agree more about mary louise parker. she's riveting. i'll have to search out more of her films, since i was really only familiar with her as a stage actress before this.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home