Monday, September 12, 2005

Indian summer, fresh mown grass.

Crazy weekend of all work, all the time. Well, until Sunday evening, when there was some time for some play.

Lots of substantial things rolling around in the cavernous space between my ears, but until I have some time to sit down and write some of it down, I’ll be making do with the sporadic fits and bursts of random thoughts and impressions that have become the norm around here as of late.

Such as:

Woke up and marveled at how nice it is to wake up together, get ready together, leave the house together... Joking and laughing and heading to the subway—god, all mornings should start so happily. Got on the (crowded) train, and actually chatted face to face, rather than just standing in silence as is the norm for me if I’m riding the train with someone in the morning. Nice little kiss goodbye at my stop, and here I am, at work, just feeling good. Not wondering whether we’ll talk again or see each other again or whatever. Just feeling good about where things are, and confident that this is, if not the beginning of something good (I’m way too cautious to think that), at least, not yet the end.

Word.

6 Comments:

Blogger ~Manda said...

ah.. new beginnings... :) i LOVE to hear about FRESH love, lust, relationships, etc. makes me fall in love with my hun ALL OVER AGAIN! :) it's amazing just how many times you can fall in love with the same person...especially in 11 years together! :)
Anyway this one sounds NICE!
A~

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's really nice to read. I'm glad it's a good time for you right now. Good for you for keeping your wits about you and maintaining some perspective.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

awwww. that's great to hear. I think theres something in the air lately. My hun yesterday he left to take his brother somewhere and they both left, but a few seconds later he comes bakc in the door walks over an dsays I forgot something and gave me a kiss..... awwwwwww I love the little things. =)

3:08 PM  
Blogger raven said...

Just goes to show that it's the little things in relationships that are the biggest deal. Waking up in the morning with someone, going through your morning routine, riding to work together. I'm all warm and fuzzy inside for you.

3:52 PM  
Blogger P/O said...

aw, well aren't you all suh-weet. ;)

10:38 AM  
Blogger P/O said...

thanks drone! :) funny thing is, i tend to agree with you...

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home