Friday, September 09, 2005

These days are sweet and strange.

Lots going on in my “personal life” right now, though much of it I don’t feel comfortable posting about explicitly at this point. But I will say this much, and hope that it is, in some small way, satisfying (for me, anyway):

Isn’t it funny how days for which you have absolutely no expectations—or even more so, days for which you have the lowest of expectations—can just come out of nowhere and far exceed any expectation you could have possibly had for that day?

I had one of those days recently: Gorgeous weather ... Ended up being able to intersect with a dear friend for a few minutes during a lovely walk across town ... Got an unexpected and very sweet gift ... Then an unexpected date that had me giddy as a schoolgirl.

None of those things were planned when I woke up in the morning.

Growing up, it was always understood that I was the one who couldn’t deal with surprises. That is, tell me you had a surprise for me, and you were setting yourself up for minutes/hours/days of pure, unadulterated agony as I tortured you into revealing that which you had had the misguided notion to hold over my head. Or into insanity. Whichever came first.

Surprises I don’t know are coming, on the other hand...that’s some good shit right there.

4 Comments:

Blogger ~Manda said...

lol i hear P/O... surprises or secretes... if someone calls me and is like oh dont forget to remind me to tell you about something.. I CANT STAND IT! im like WHAT? ok well whats it ABOUT? give me SOMETHING so i know... just SOMETHING!!!
same with gifts... my husband drive me INSANE when he has gotten me something that im not pose to know about till "the big day" UGH!!! it's sooo frustrating!!!!!!! LOL but so FUN when you finally figure it out :)
A~

10:27 AM  
Blogger Lostinspace said...

I'm in suspense over your sweet surprises. Glad to hear that they've been falling into your path.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Lostinspace said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:57 PM  
Blogger P/O said...

oh ok drone, mr. "i'm going to repeatedly post pictures of myself with my head cut off." ;)

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home