Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I’m bored with the concept of right and wrong.

Before skipping town for a while, a close friend asked me, “Are you going to be good while I’m away?”

I was noncommittal in my reply.

As mentioned in my last post, I do feel the need to chill a little. But certainly not out of any inherent desire to “be good.” More out of a desire to catch up on some sleep, do my job well, and not run myself into the ground.

But what is this “be good” shit? Seriously, when the only person I have to answer to is myself, and therefore owe explanations to absolutely no one, why should I concern myself with what friends or acquaintances may or may not think about my actions? And what standards of “good” are we using, anyway? I mean, though I may not be religious, I do subscribe to all that “love thy neighbor” crap, and try to treat others the way I’d want to be treated.

Dude, over the weekend, I rescued a fly from a glass of sangria (not mine—I don't drink that shit). And I ask you: if that’s not good, well then, what is?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home