Thursday, August 25, 2005

That cloud stomps around my house, does whatever it pleases.

Something bit me last night. Well, more than likely I bit myself. But still, I like to believe that it was something else. That something crawled into my mouth and bit the shit out of my tongue. Or stung it. Like a scorpion. Yeah, that’s it. If I lived in Texas, I’d totally believe a scorpion crawled into my open mouth while I slept and stung me with its curled electric tail.

Or better yet, aliens came into my room and implanted some sort of alien tracking device into my tongue. They do that now—plant them in the tongue so that they can not only track our movements and daily physical habits, but also analyze what we eat and drink. It’s fascinating, really. Though I’d hate to think that anyone, from this planet or beyond, should have that much insight into what I do with my tongue.

Or maybe this all just means I’m suppressing memories of childhood molestation, which are beginning to surface and will soon come crashing through the barrier of my subconscious and back into my waking life. (Yeah, I recently saw Mysterious Skin.) Or maybe it means I’m poised to become a violently self-destructive male hustler only to be beat within an inch of my life in the bathtub of an especially violent trick.

Or maybe I just bit myself in my sleep last night.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lostinspace said...

I swear it was aliens. I know, because I sent them. In their world, everyone wears "raisin," ha ha ha. By the way, none of us really know how young you turned last week. I believe that you are the youngest out of the Blood Ray and LiS trio. And well we all know that Bottle Rocket is a young-in too.

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How horrifying (Not the bite, though that's shitty, too. What LIS said). Does that mean I'm the oldest?

4:54 PM  
Blogger P/O said...

hey guys.

isn't it funny how we develop these impressions of people, based on who knows what? lost: you knew i was white, so maybe you also know subconsciously how old i am. search around, maybe it's in there somewhere.

blood: it's not all that horrifying. if you are in fact the oldest (and i'm not saying you are), just remember that with age comes wisdom, oh wise one. :)

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm older than both of you. But you are right, dear P/O, I've got wisdom oozing out of every pore. Why, I've even taught you a new word, you slitchy thing, you.

2:22 PM  
Blogger P/O said...

Hmm... Knowing what I know, I'm not sure I should take that as a compliment. But I will. :)

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home