Friday, April 29, 2005

Good times, bad times, gimme some of that.

Good time in MD. If ever there was a moment when I needed to be surrounded by family and good friends, that was it. And it did a hell of a lot of good. And Mom and Dad were really helpful, and I think I even managed to fill them in on some of my recent trials and tribulations in ways that weren’t alarming to them. (They can be prone to overreaction when it comes to their two “babies.”)

Good time, also, with K&J. They’re so old and married (like all of my friends) but we can still get together and have fun from time to time. J gave me some great music (the new Mars Volta—yeah!) and they both gave me lots of good input on various creative endeavors. I’ve been feeling a deep need to put these hands to constructive use. So we’ll see where that goes. Lots of ideas, and it feels good to be proactively seeking stuff out. And at the same time I’m learning how to cut myself some slack, which is a good lesson to learn.

After dinner we had scotch and port out on the terrace. When the hell did I hit middle age?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home