Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Just sit on the porch and swing.

Man, have I been lazy lately.

And man, have I loved every second of it!

With the exception of yesterday's day-long downpour, the past several days have been the ultimate in gorgeous summer perfection. Warm but not super hot; dry, sunny and clear... Crisp blue skies and pleasant breezes. I ask you: is there any better way to spend such days than with long walks in the park, long sit-downs just about anywhere, tall, icy cold margaritas, stacks of books, unexpected dozes, evenings spent outdoors with friends and bottles of wine... I think not! Ah, idleness. How I grow to love you more and more.

On Saturday, somewhere between napping and reading in the sun, I invented a delicious summer cocktail. I tore up a bunch of basil, muddled it in a glass with ice and tequila, and then topped the whole thing off with pineapple juice. Sounds weird, right? But it was so good! I have fresh herbs coming out my ass--my "container garden" out on my terrace has flourished beyond belief--and I'm always looking for ways of using them. So this was one such way, and man was it yummy!

Speaking of which, I've also got an abundance of fresh tomatoes, and let me tell you, it doesn't get much better than homegrown tomatoes, homegrown basil, and fresh Fairway buffalo mozzarella, smothered in salt, pepper, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Summer on a plate. Seriously. I don't think I could ever get tired of it.

Sigh. Add a healthy dose of sex, drugs, and rock and roll, and you've pretty much discovered the meaning of life, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home