Friday, March 30, 2007

You don’t know what it means to win.

Walking to work this morning, along the Hudson, for some reason I was listening to Fleetwood Mac’s Rumours. Don’t know why. Haven’t listened to that album in forever. But as I neared the area around 72nd Street, where there’s this long, beautifully renovated pier that stretches out into the water, “Never Going Back Again” came on, and it just...fit. I skipped it back and listened to it three times as I walked toward the water. I just about never listen to songs repeatedly. But this was perfect.

I’m supposed to be in Atlanta for the next four days. There’s a slight chance I won’t be going. The person I’m supposed to be going with is not aware of this possibility. We’ll see how this all plays out.

Incidentally, “Oh Daddy” is such a tragically low point in what is an otherwise pretty spectacular album. What in the hell were they thinking?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home