Friday, February 09, 2007

I got whiskey, you're welcome to some.

Jesus talks to me each night before I go to bed. And again when I get up in the morning. His voice is hypnotic and smooth, with an edge of firmness and strength. Like honey that's begun to crystallize in the jar.

Usually he just quotes a few of his favorite biblical verses: John this, Mark that, vines and branches, kingdoms and truth. But lately... Lately it's almost as if I can feel him straining to branch out, aching to explore other philosophical territory. Hesitating in uncertainty as to the readiness of the world to accept more than the tried and true soundbytes and cliches. If I close my eyes, I can almost see his big blue eyes (Jesus had blue eyes, right?) pleading to be set free from the shackles of millennia spent enslaved by Christians, used as a tool, played as a pawn.

Talk to me, Jesus. I'm all ears.

1 Comments:

Blogger e.e. said...

My dear friend,
it is all in our hearts and not the pages of structure that such beliefs lie.
We all take what we can from Jesus.
Or Budha.
Or Mohammed.
Or even ourselves.
Whoever.
I believe that those of us who open our hearts to each other, will get it.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home