Thursday, January 25, 2007

Where the hookers and thieves and the junkies play.

Met up with some fellow bloggaz last night. And as usual and as expected, they turned out to be mere shadows of their vibrant online selves… So, so sad. I mean, not to be rude, but can we say dull? Total snoozefest. Seriously. Why do we blogmeisters bother coming out from behind our computer screens? There should be a law against it.

Oh, alright. It was a total blast. As evidenced by a hangover that has persisted into the afternoon…

Getting-to-know-you happened over dinner and drinks at Vynl, and that was followed by “a drink” at Posh that turned into, like, twelve. Cheap drink specials are bad, bad things.

There was drunkenness. There was laughter. There was even a little bad behavior. Topics of conversation may have included:

*theater
*Little Miss Sunshine
*American Idol
*butt sex
*waiting tables
*public circumcision
*crabs
*real estate

Can you guess which of the above occupied most of the evening?

If you guessed theater, well then, give yourself a big ol’ pat on the back, you queen. Unfortunately my knowledge of that subject wasn't up to snuff, although I was able to contribute, “Hey, I saw Passion with Donna Murphy, too!” and “Hey, I hated Light in the Piazza, too!” Butt sex and public circumcision, on the other hand—those are two subjects I can expound upon. Especially when they’re combined into a single fun-filled activity. Don’t knock it til you’ve tried it.

Dull, right?

So thanks go to Blood Ray, a Chicagoan, for bringing together three New Yorkers—in New York! What a guy. Oh, and did I mention we’re best friends now? Yep. I think there may have even been a blood pact involved. Oh wait, no, that was, um, something else… And it had nothing to do with Blood Ray. Nevermind.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention last night that I had butt sex with Donna Murphy.

3:14 AM  
Blogger Grouchbutt said...

I don't believe that for a minute. I'm sure it was her understudy.

I had a bitch of a time commenting yesterday. I don't know what gets into Blogger sometimes. I am always glad to meet a fellow "It's Oh So Quiet" disliker. That's stronger than a blood pact, in my book.

6:20 AM  
Blogger e.e. said...

Sigh. Boys will be boys.
;)
(yes, I still read you, you sexy gay man. How've you been, P/O?)
!!!!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Lostinspace said...

What?!! You all had a reunion without me?! I can't believe you got to meet Blood Ray. I am so damn jealous way over here in sunny flip flop land. By the way, I guessed butt sex. But maybe that's code for theatre ha

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home