Thursday, December 14, 2006

Of love and dreams to share. (Day 14)

Behind door number fourteen… a haunted mansion!

I dreamt I was walking through one last night. And now that I think about it, I realize that I dream about them semi-frequently. I’ve always been somewhat obsessed by them, in fact. Not sure what it is about the whole experience, but in my dreams it’s especially electrifying.

I’ve never really gotten into bondage or dominance and submission or anything like that, but maybe it’s the same principle. I mean, anyone that knows me knows that, in general, I’m a person that likes to be in control. In fact, situations in which I have no control (being stuck in traffic, waiting for the subway, unexplained flight delays, etc.) have the potential to cause me great amounts of stress. Granted I’ve gotten a lot better, but in the past we’d be talking major panic attack inducers.

So maybe that’s why my most sought-after forms of entertainment are those in which I willingly give up control, while at the same time doing so in an ultimately safe and controlled environment. Roller coasters. Thrill rides. Skydiving. And yes, haunted mansions. Wandering (or riding) around in the dark, every second alive with that horrible/incredible feeling of anticipating something terrible/wonderful. That kind of anticipation becomes a physical sensation, somewhere on the boundary between pleasure and pain. All because you know you have to move forward into the darkness, into the complete unknown, and whatever is going to happen is going to happen whether you like it or not. (Yet all the while in the back of your head you know this: they can’t touch you!)

Like the power broker who likes to get slapped around by a woman in leather and made to lick her boots while he gets fucked in the ass with a dildo, clamps getting tighter and tighter on his nipples and balls. Oh so helpless. (All the while in the back of his mind knowing that if the pain becomes too much, he need only mutter “pineapple” to take it all away.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, I don't know that it's a control thing, but I love adrenaline rushes and haunted houses often provide that.
I went to Blood Manor this Halloween. It was decent if not exactly 100% terrifying. I'll be trying another one next Halloween in my quest to have a literal heart attack before I reach age 35. :-)

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sad that I keep trying to post a comment here and it won't go through.
Suffice it to say, I LOVE adrenaline rushes and haunted houses.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home