Monday, December 11, 2006

Of love and dreams to share. (Day 9)

Prying open door number nine reveals… humility!

What does humility look like? I don’t know. But I can tell you what it doesn’t look like.

Standing in the congregation at a festive Christmas wedding on Saturday, I was touched by the words of the pastor and by the whole thing, even though I had never met the bride and groom, nor the vast majority of the attendees. But the ceremony was nice, and the bride and groom seemed emotional and sincere as they began reciting their vows. And as I stood and listened, I happened to glance at an older married couple a few rows ahead of me, just in time to catch the wife glaring venomously at the husband as the bride and groom pledged to have "the courage to admit when they're wrong.”

Yeah. I’m pretty sure it doesn’t look like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home