Thursday, March 16, 2006

That’s my dad’s drink. (I take it when I need it.)

God I love margaritas. (On the rocks, no salt, thankyouverymuch.) So tasty.

Oh tequila, why are you so good to me?

Really, there’s just something so perfect about a tequila drunk. It comes on at just the right speed, sticks around for just the right amount of time, and for whatever reason, doesn’t leave me hung over or feeling gross the next morning. Even when I have to wake up at an ungodly hour, pull myself together, and head on into another annoying day of annoying work. A couple of glasses of water, and I am good to go. In fact, the whole process may even be easier than when I haven’t been drinking...

And so I offer up this prayer: Dear god, please don’t let this humble planet deplete its supply of agave plants. In your infinite and boundless wisdom, surely you realize that such a tragedy would be far too much for even this resilient race to withstand. Let them grow. Let them thrive. Let them multiply and bear fruit in your name. For thine is the power and the glory, to inebriate for ever and ever. Amen.

So yeah. Last night was fun.

4 Comments:

Blogger Limecrete said...

Aw, that's sweet. Of course, I haven't been able to touch straight tequila since....

The Incident

...but vodka and I would always be willing to go on a double date with you and tequila.

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you don't mind a little kink, I'd like to join forces with Limey and vodka whilst you consume your tequilia.

4:31 PM  
Blogger P/O said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:55 AM  
Blogger P/O said...

i'm always up for a little kink, as long as i'm free to swing between the two at will... can you handle it?

limey, let's hear about this incident.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home