Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Constellations turn into little polaroids in a cardboard box.

To those that find it oh so difficult to hit "reply":

Do you prefer that I not e-mail you? I will gladly stop. Honestly, every time I reach out I stop and think, "Hmm, (s)he probably doesn't even want to be reached out to. Maybe I shouldn't." But then I think that it would suck if you actually wanted some sort of contact, and I didn't give that to you.

So I make the effort, and often feel rejected or ignored. Fun. So tell me to stop, and I will.

It's especially hard, since I so often want to feel reached out to, and so seldom do.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lostinspace said...

That's me, too. Feeling rejected when I make the effort...

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand. I'm always obsessive about answering emails for that very reason.

2:20 AM  
Blogger Nate said...

Last night I was wavering on sending one of our fellow bloggers an e-mail and after reading your post I decided to brave the old fear of rejection reflex.
I did receive positive reinforcement in the form of a thoughtful reply (thanks Flip).

Your current post should really go to Ask The Pope - that is his dept.

5:48 PM  
Blogger raven said...

As you know I'm such a bad e-mail responder. Either you'll get me to respond immediately or constantly or I'll ignore you for a week. But I responded today... so what's up with nothing back?! LOL

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home