Friday, February 24, 2006

Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid.

Well, I’m still standing on this cold and sunny Friday morning. And none the worse for wear. (I love cold, sunny days.) This was a difficult week, but each time I come to the end of a difficult one, I am hopeful that the next, and the one after that, and the one after that, and so on, will be less difficult. Guess that, in and of itself, is a sign that I’m not quite ready to hang it up just yet.

So as I head into another weekend (they seem to be coming fast and furious, these days), I’m struck by the realization that once again my goal of hibernation is about to fall by the wayside. Suddenly, the next three days are pretty much packed to the gills. But that’s ok, because life continues to be filled with good and happy things, so how can I complain.

Tonight’s plans came out of nowhere, and I’m so glad they did. Then tomorrow, I have one of the annual parties I look forward to most each year. And then Sunday... Well, the parents are going to be in town, and as is often the case when they're here, they want to take me out to brunch. Only this time, they specifically asked that I invite the guy I’ve been seeing for...holy shit...like six months now. Yikes. How is that even possible?

So I said I’d invite him, and I did. And honestly, I never once thought of it as a "big deal." But others have indicated that it could, in fact, be seen as a big deal. So I see their point, but clearly, they don’t know my parents. I mean, one or two bloody marys into the meal, and we’ll no doubt be loudly discussing strap-ons, blow jobs, and butt sex.

What? Oh come on, what do you talk about at brunch with your parents?

3 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

It took a few moments but I found your Heirlooms a Loon post last month- just love the images of your family. I wish I could share these with my siblings who have G / L kids- an ideal for us to strive for.

1:07 PM  
Blogger raven said...

Hope your guy likes the 'rents because from what you've said I want to meet the whole family!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

6:29 PM  
Blogger ~Manda said...

well... HOW'D IT GO!!?!!? :)
oh and time flies when your having fun! ;)

*winks*
A~

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home