Monday, February 27, 2006

Running from engagement to appointment to date.

Man, after not drinking much lately, this weekend sure as hell made up for lost time. Let’s recount the past 72 hours, as seen through the various glasses that were raised, shall we?

Friday night, some awesome chai at Hampton Chutney (the new one on the upper west side—yeehaw!) accompanied by great company and conversation, and followed by two rounds of delicious (and potent) cocktails at Aix.

Saturday, lots of delicious coffee and orange juice with friends in Washington Heights, followed by two more rounds of delicious (and potent) cocktails, this time at Town, and this time with my folks. We had a great time, and I was glad to get some nice quality time alone with them.

Saturday night, I ran home from dinner just in time to throw some tater tots in the oven (seriously) and head over to the party I’d been looking forward to. Which did not disappoint. I downed a vodka tonic while prepping the tots, and continued in that vein throughout the night at said party... And before I knew it, I was trashed out of my mind. I just hope I was entertaining and not super annoying. Though I have a feeling that depends on who you ask. So ask me. I was entertaining!

Sunday morning began with gallons of water, followed by bloody marys over brunch in midtown. Nothing like the hair of the dog, I always say. And yeah, this was the fabled meeting of the parents and the boy. To me, it felt easy and comfortable, and perfectly natural. Everyone hit it off, conversation flowed as it always does, and I think they even hugged him goodbye. I know, boring, right? But what can I say. It all felt (and feels) good and right.

Next up was hot sake (it was another bitter night in NYC) accompanied by some sushi.

And then I passed out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

Ahh chai, I recently discovered Chai. =)

10:05 AM  
Blogger ~Manda said...

well it's a GOOOD thing that all is well... ;) yay for that.

A~

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home