Monday, March 20, 2006

Carbon made only wants to be unmade.

I’m a brilliant boy. Remember how I was bummed that I couldn’t run a half-marathon on Saturday because I’m too out of shape? Yeah. So what do I decide to do instead? Why, go snowboarding of course!

So I’m really fucking sore right now. But it was a blast, and I’d totally do it again. I did pretty well, though I took a couple of hard falls on a couple of rock-solid patches of ice that I didn’t notice until I was upon them. (The conditions weren’t the greatest.) In fact it was the last weekend of the season at this particular mountain, which I’m bummed about, because I’d love to go again before next winter. But oh well. The way time’s been flying, it’ll be winter again before we know it. And I’m in no rush to barrel through the coming spring and fall.

So afterwards we were shaky and hungry, and worn-out and happy, and we stopped for burgers (veggie for me, thanks) and beer at this place in New Jersey where, get this, we could smoke cigarettes at the bar! So how could I pass up that opportunity? I’m only human, after all.

Spent the night lying around with the boy, drinking wine, and watching episodes of Lost on DVD. Slept in Sunday, laid around some more, cooked a couple of meals together, and actually never left the apartment until work this morning. I was thinking about it, and realized that that was only the second time I’ve done that in my current abode. After moving in well over a year ago! Sigh... I so often want to be reclusive, and so seldom get to be.

So it was the perfect day. The perfect weekend, really. And today, for the first time in a while, I feel rested, focused, and calm. And all it took was high speeds down a mountainside, some wine, some good home-cooked food, and relaxed, demand-free, loving companionship. Who ever said I was needy?

1 Comments:

Blogger raven said...

Snowboarding and a little domestic bliss... I've got the warm and fuzzies for you.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home