Friday, August 05, 2005

That's what I hear in these sounds.

I’m a healthy boy!

God, that was so long ago that we were on that boat in Venice, A taking long drags from her Parliament Lights, coughing up a lung, and exclaiming boisterously, “I’m a healthy girl!”

Damn, was she ever cute.

And it’s with that same sense of irony that I use her catchphrase all these years later, since “healthy” is pretty much the last thing I feel on any regular basis.

And yet, that’s what I seem to be. Physically, at least. This body has always served me well and continues to do so, and for that, I have to remind myself to be thankful.

So at one point I asked the doc (who was, as usual, infatuated with tales of my whole bizarre infectious disease ordeal a few years ago) if, seeing as how I’m sexually active and (for the first time in a while) far from monogamous, I should maybe submit to some STD testing. You know, since I was there and being poked and prodded anyway.

He was like, “Sure, we can test you for this, that, and the other thing if you want, but you know, you should really be using a condom.”

And I’m all like, “Yo doc, I subscribe to a strict policy of ‘no glove, no love.’”

And he’s all like, “Well then, you’re fine.”

And so I retort, “But you know, I’ve always been told there are some nasty bugs you can pick up from certain acts that may or may not involve condom usage.”

And so he’s all like, “Yeah, you’re right. Couldn’t hurt to test. Let’s take some more blood.”

Damn, never had to push to be poked with a needle before! So I guess in about a week I’ll find out just how healthy a boy I really am.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lostinspace said...

Yes, my dear, you really need to. Guys carry so much stuff that they don't know they do, because they don't have symptoms the way that stuff always shows up on girls because we have pap smears and a cervix. I hope all goes well.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home