Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Every day I’m on the clock.

It has come to my attention that some of my friends and/or acquaintances are laboring under the assumption that my life is a good deal more exciting than it actually is.

Therefore, lest anyone arrive at the erroneous conclusion that my days (and nights) are made up entirely of parties, hookups, sex, socializing, and the like, I hereby offer up this, the most boring blog post ever:

Last night, upon returning from work, I collapsed momentarily on my couch and contemplated my exhaustion and also the fact that I desperately needed to do laundry, one of the chores I loathe most in the world. (Actually I loathe all domestic chores.)

In an effort to up my sagging energy level, I chowed down on some M&Ms (the dark chocolate kind, which I can’t seem to find anymore) and watched Rachael Ray make trail mix.

Energy level sufficiently increased, I gathered up my filthy rags and headed down to wash them, before I could change my mind. While there, I read a book relevant to my job. You know, career development. I rock.

After an oh-so-lovely laundry experience (read: teeth-clenchingly annoying) I returned home and proceeded to contemplate feeding myself something more substantial than dark chocolate M&Ms, and unable to tolerate anything on tv, I popped in a DVD and proceeded to half-heartedly watch a couple of episodes of South Park.

My state of vegetation was periodically interrupted by phone calls from various friends wanting to go over the scandalous details of my weekend. We roared with laughter over certain hilarious points of interest, none of which will be reported here as this is the most boring blog post ever.

After an extended period of hoots and hollers, I returned to South Park, which again only attracted about half of my attention.

Finally, I executed the usual pre-bedtime rituals, and curled up in bed with the next book on my stack of crap I never get around to reading. I read the first page, and then put it down. I didn’t go directly to sleep, but if I report what I contemplated doing, and furthermore, the reason why I did not do it, this may just veer away from most boring blog post ever.

And we can’t have that.

1 Comments:

Blogger raven said...

With all those can't talk about it because this is supposed to be a boring blog doesn't sound like life is too boring... though I understand what you mean. Sometimes when I read over my own blog I think I'm far cooler than I actually am!

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home