Tuesday, July 31, 2007

We proceed in stained bed sheets.

Bored.

It's nice out, and I have a shred of desire to go out and take advantage of that. But at the same time I lack the energy to leave my office, deal with the elevators, deal with the street.

Wish I could just leave work for the day and spend the afternoon in the pottery studio, submerge my hands in water and clay.

O's in town this week, and I promised to cook for her. Can't think of what I want to make, though I have quite a supply of fresh herbs and vegetables, so something with those...

Finished Harry Potter, and of course won't say anything other than the fact that I really loved it. I probably wouldn't have called myself an enthusiastic fan of the entire series, but I have to say that the final installment was just so...satisfying. In fact, I'm tempted to say it was...perfect. I know! I laughed. I cried. I came in my pants... And when it was all over, I put it down feeling completely fine doing so. All endings should be so lovely.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I was a little disappointed because it seems like EVERYTHING wrapped up so succinctly. Most epic tales I've read (and enjoy) cap off the ending of their major saga but the idea is that the world is still out there and that things, while ok now, it's always a precarious situation. I don't mean to imply the book needed to be shouting "Sequel!" but it was so tightly wrapped.

7:48 AM  
Blogger P/O said...

huh. to each his own, i suppose. i guess i had very low expectations, and it kind of blew me away.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home