Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I was here.

And so we return from a satisfying holiday break. Christmas with the family was fun and relaxing, and when I couldn’t take it anymore, I left. AC was awesome, and then New Year’s was a blast. It all culminated in two days of doing nothing but vegging out, which I haven’t done (and felt good about) in ages.

And now, back to work. And bracing myself for what is going to be a particularly hellish couple of months. Ugh. But come the spring, I should be on top of things again. And will hopefully have some hair left.

What a year it was. And this is the last time I will reflect on that particular fact. So many ups, so many downs, so little in between. This year, I hope to be able to exist somewhere closer to that grey area in the middle. I’m not sure I’ve made a whole lot of progress so far in that regard, but I guess I haven’t been at it all that long.

This blog is just about a year old, and I have an especially hard time believing that. When I started it I was searching for a creative and emotional outlet (as I so often am), and the extent to which it has been that has far exceeded any expectations I may have had. But I never could have guessed that it would become the document it has become, or that I would make the connections I’ve made or meet the people I’ve met. Just another one of this year’s happy little side-effects. Unexpected silver linings.

So here’s to a sane, satisfying, and silver-lined 2006. A year in which we strive to simply make the most of what we’ve been given. Doesn’t need to be any more overwhelming than that.

9 Comments:

Blogger ~Manda said...

YAY for a new year! new beginnings! a NEW YOU! :) hope 2006 has LOTS of HAPPINESS in store for you!

you deserve it!!!!!

Luvs from KY

A~

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Manda, you're in KY too? :-O

Well then, P/O: here's more love from the Bluegrass State. May peace be forever yours - all year through!

Cheers!

10:58 AM  
Blogger raven said...

I'm right there with you my friend. Hopefully work won't kick your ass so much because we've got beers to drink!

11:58 AM  
Blogger PG said...

(waving my hand and jumping up and down) what about me! Can I play? Can I huh? Can I???

:)

Happy New Year, my blog friend. It is with you that it all began for me. And for that, I'm forever greatful.

smooooooooch.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

Happy new year! My blog sure morphed over the past twelve months, too. It really surprises me.

10:29 AM  
Blogger ~Manda said...

yes sir... LOUISVILLE! :) where you at, d???
A~

10:46 AM  
Blogger P/O said...

thanks everyone. happy new year to you all.

and some of you may be interested in trying to guess where i will be just a little over a week from now...

oh that's right: louisville, kentucky!

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Manda: I'm in Louisville, too!

P/O: Welcome to Louisville! :o)

(in advance, that is)

*does a tribal dance around the room*

12:56 PM  
Blogger PG said...

...does everyome in Louisville do tribal dances?
Is there some sort of ritual?
Cuz, like, if P/O comes to Boston, I'll be damned if I'm gonna do any dancin'....
No way, jose.

(And I'm NOT singing either).

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home