Friday, December 09, 2005

'Cause where they go, nobody knows.

Sometimes I desperately want you to be available to me. And I realize that you aren’t, that you can’t always be, and I accept that. I know that it isn’t malicious or mean-spirited; it just is, and I’m fine with that. Because you are caring and good and fun and worth being around.

But what you need to understand is that with that acceptance comes a reticence, on my part, to reach out to you at all, never knowing whether or not you are, at that moment, open to being reached out to.

So where that leaves us is that you need to do the reaching out, knowing that it is in my nature to always be available to those that I care about. Calls to my phone do not get rejected. My voicemail does not go un-returned.

So reach out. I’ll be here. Not waiting, but available. But realize that I can no longer reach out to you, as I need to focus my currently waning energy on reaching out to people that I am confident will be reaching back.

1 Comments:

Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

EEEEEGAD! That post could have been written by me and directed at two dear friends who have withdrawn for whatever reason....

It's like you are in my head!

Cheers,

Mr. H.K.
Postcards from Hell's
Kitchen

And I Quote Blog

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home