Monday, December 05, 2005

Exit 75. I'm still alive.

So I’m still alive, and feeling reasonably ok. It was a pretty decent weekend, all things considered. K’s craft fair was fun and awe-inspiring, and by all appearances, incredibly successful. There are so many ridiculously talented people in this city!

Saturday night’s festivities were a blast. It felt good to just go out and cut loose with friends, after such a long period of...not really feeling like it. And truth be told, I guess I still don’t really feel like it, but it’s good to know that when I force myself to do it I have a genuinely good time.

Sunday morning found me up at the crack of dawn in a relatively fruitful attempt to stretch my own atrophied creative muscles, and by midday I was so exhausted that I had to just go home and crash. I knew I had to get out of there when around 2:30 I realized that I was no longer even remotely focused on what I was doing. Given my crazy schedule over the past few days, I’ve been unable to maintain a healthy diet/eating schedule, which affects me both physically and mentally. Not really the best thing for me what with these new substances swimming through my bloodstream. Ah well. Hopefully I’ll get back on track starting today.

Once I get myself caught up on all the work I’ve allowed to pile up, I intend to really start writing again.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to know you're alive and well! :o)

I had to drag myself out of bed this morning and now am forcing myself to go to this rather boring job interview. Let's see how much this is going to be!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

I feel your pain. The moment I realized something was seriously wrong with me was when I stopped wanting to go out boozing with my friends, and when I force myself to go out it's a chore. Sigh. But I'm glad you're feeling okay-ish!

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you're still here. :-)

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home