Thursday, January 05, 2006

And this is your year, and it always starts here.

It’s weird. Usually this time of year is a slow, depressed time for me.

But this year, things are different somehow. I’ve been engaged. I’ve been making plans. I’ve been slowly but surely gaining some measure of control over my moods. I’ve been reading again. I’ve been learning. I’ve been making the effort to keep myself open and receptive, rather than focused inward and closed off to the world around me.

It’s still winter, and there’s still plenty of cold and dark stretched out in front of me. But for once, I’m able to see past it and look forward to the warmth and the light.

3 Comments:

Blogger ~Manda said...

good for you!~ :) winter is a bad time for alot of people, me included! depression and moodiness is something that happens almost every winter for me.. im TRYING to control it but it's soo HARD! so i know how you feel... :( i wish i wasn't like this... and most times im have no idea why im acting the way i do.. other than it's SHITTY winter and thats ME!
A~

10:59 AM  
Blogger raven said...

well deserves a good ole yeehaw! winter does have the bad habit of dragging you down sometimes, but whatever you're doing keep doing it!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Helen the Felon said...

Yay!

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home