Monday, June 06, 2005

Still dancing in the coma of the drinks I just had.

Ok so it was a good weekend, despite my feelings of listlessness heading into it on Friday afternoon, bleary-eyed after so many hours of amateur struggles with web design. Why do I agree to these things?

Saturday consisted of a morning run followed by brunch at 'intoeca, where my partner in crime proceeded to spill everything put on the table, and I proceeded to get annoyed with the dumbasses seated around us. Good times! Seriously, it was fun. We then hung out in the east village for a few hours, until evening plans beckoned.

So I headed out to a night of debauchery at that beer garden in Astoria (an idea apparently shared by everyone in New York City on what was essentially the first Saturday of summer weather we've had), and then an excursion to the Rub. Much fun. Can't believe I've made two in a row now. Unheard of.

As a result, D&N voted me "coolest friend," since I'm one of the few that makes a continued effort. What an honor. Of course, I didn't point out to them that it is obviously because I'm single and have time on my hands, as opposed to all of our other friends.

In fact, my decision to attend the evening's festivities was motivated much less by a desire to go out and misbehave (I spent all week recovering from last weekend's misbehavior!) than by a desire to not have a weekend with little to no human contact.

Speaking of human contact...

No, that's a subject for another post, I'm afraid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home