Tuesday, May 31, 2005

This place is inconvenient for my name.

Just noticed that out by our office elevators, written in painfully small blue letters by the buttons on the wall, are the words “Big Pussy.”

Love it.

Our floor of the building doesn’t get much traffic, and I’ve never seen anyone who I thought likely to stop and take the time to scrawl senseless vulgarity on the wall. No, “scrawl” is the wrong word—it’s almost microscopic. Which only serves to make it funnier, really. I mean, clearly this person’s goal was not to catch the attention of any and all passersby. It’s more like a little reward for those of us with heightened powers of observation (and/or extreme boredom while waiting for the elevator).

I wonder how long it’s been there. Maybe this small-time graffiti artist has been right here in our midst this whole time, and I’ve only just now noticed his or her brilliantly unobtrusive tag. It’s brilliant because it’s so easy to miss, and yet once you’ve seen it you can never not see it again. To think, I could be working with Big Pussy!

I can easily see myself becoming obsessed with finding Big Pussies everywhere.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lostinspace said...

Ha. I think you should inscribe your own reply to that. Maybe you'll get a phone number in return. :)

11:20 PM  
Blogger Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

I like that is says BIG when it's written so small. Or that, because the writer was afraid to write something on the wall, wrote "big pussy" very small as a self-damning indictment.

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home