Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I'm gonna relax, in the arms of unconsciousness.

Man, do I ever need a good night’s sleep. Not sure how long I can keep this up.

Out late Sunday night after a long weekend of work.

No sleep Monday night, since dinner with friends on the LES led to a jaunt out to Brooklyn in the pouring rain. Which led ultimately to an extended roll in the hay, followed by maybe an hour of sleep sideways on the bed before embarking on another period of consciousness-drifting amidst the cacophony of Fourth Avenue, lack of ample blanket coverage, cat allergy congestion, etc.

Which of course led to a day of pure exhaustion. Though it was a good exhaustion, to be sure. Definitely a good exhaustion.

So Tuesday morning consisted of frantic board-meeting prep. That is, until the board meeting was canceled! Can’t say I was too disappointed, given my state of exhaustion and the fact that I hadn’t dressed for the meeting anyway and was going to have to head home midday to take care of that little detail. But it’s a pain in the ass that now it has to be rescheduled... So at the end of the day I gathered up a big bag of clothing and random artifacts that had piled up in my office (that’s what happens, I guess, when I don’t go home for days at a time) and planned happily to head home and chill. Which of course didn’t happen, since my coworkers decided that in the sudden and unexpected absence of a board meeting, we would go out directly after work and hold our own “meeting” over drinks. Which turned into dinner, which then turned into more drinks, which then progressed to more drinks across the street, which led to another round down in the east village, which landed me so close to Phoenix that how could I not drag my ass over there and meet up with some of the WYSIWYG-ers (I think that's everyone) and share in their post-WYSIWYG revelry?

So that was fun.

Stumbled home, passed out, and once again let out a mournful howl when that fucking alarm clock sounded this morning...

Tonight will be a late night with K&J up in Washington Heights, followed by some more alcohol-fueled revelry on Thursday evening which, as of this writing, is meant to lead directly into some, um, other activities similar to those that took place Sunday-into-Monday Monday-into-Tuesday... (so tired)

I said goddamn. And there goes another week. Thankfully I’m slated to take Friday off, though whether or not I will end up using that time in anything resembling a constructive manner is anyone’s guess at this point.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, I didn't know you were there! You should have said hi!

So do you feel like you have some sense of what you've gotten yourself into for next month now? :)

5:31 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

I hear ya, I never feel like I get enough sleep anymore. I'm always tired, and never get to bed early, though I try to plan on turning in early, it just never happens. lol

9:02 AM  
Blogger P/O said...

hey chris, i wasn't at the show unfortunately--just the post-show festivities at phoenix. you weren't there, were you?

as for what i've gotten myself into, all i can say is: bring it! :)

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh... didn't make it to the Phoenix. The sort-of-official afterparty was at Company, but I know some people did go on to Phoenix after that. I had to get my tired butt back to Brooklyn, though. Sorry I missed you!

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home