Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The bar is a beautiful place.

Hilarious experience with J the other night, which in 10 years here I’d never experienced before. We're hanging in some bar on the LES, when I turn my head and glance out the window, inadvertently catching the eye of this guy walking by. He stops and begins gesturing at me on the other side of the glass in a way that I can't decipher, so I begin gesturing in return, in an attempt to communicate that I haven’t the slightest idea what he's talking about. So finally he comes into the bar, approaches our table, looks us up and down and asks, “You guys need something?”

So I’m thinking, what could I possibly need from this man? Or is he somehow threatening me for having looked out the window and made eye contact? I shake my head to indicate that, no, we don’t need anything, when suddenly it dawns on me that he wants to sell us something. Something that, had I had one more drink in me, I just might have accepted. So he shrugs, says, “You sure? You don’t want to get high?” I shake my head, saying, “We’re good, but thanks anyway,” and he leaves and wanders back down the street. And J and I go back to drunkenly evaluating the hairiness of my nipples, and whether or not it would actually be accurate to say my “nipples” are hairy when it’s not actually the nipple that's hairy but in fact the chest surrounding the nipple from which the hair grows. At the time I wasn’t so sure, but sober I would definitely have to agree that the idea of hairy nipples is inaccurate, and in fact kinda gross.

Just another night in the NYC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home